London Fashion Week is a fantastic mix of the fun, the fierce and down right fruit loopy when it comes to the clothes – but there are always some clever little styling tips that we can pinch and use every day to win the morning hair battle…
1. Ooooh we love a wave, but hate the work that goes into it. Instead of wrapping hair all the way around a curling tong, James Pecis at Roksanda just press it against the barrel of a ghd tong to get a natural S bend. Shazaam! Quick kinks that look awesome.
2. At Mimi Wade, super stylist Ali P created a messy updo but instead of spraying Bumble and bumble styling products on directly, he used a large makeup brush to press them on – this stopped locks from becoming saturated and kept the texture fresh and youthful.
3. To get a super sleek braid, BaByliss PRO stylist Syd Hayes swiped each of the three sections with a styling cream before adding it to the finished plaits at David Koma, to banish any flyaways and make sure the plait held fast.
4. Want to plump up your ponytail? At Supriya Lele, Kota Suizu plaited the hair and left it for 15 minutes to “set”. Then, before models took to the runway, it was shaken out and pulled into a ponytail, now complete with some natural kinks and movement. Genius!
5. Run out of hairspray? Use a texturiser or dry shampoo to keep your pony in place. TIGI stylist Maria Kovacs spritzed the models’ entire lengths with new Catwalk by TIGI Transforming Dry Shampoo at Mark Fast, to get a mouldable, natural-looking hold without any stickiness.